Job Title: Community Programs Assistant
Supervisor: Director of Community Programs and Workforce
Schedule: 20-24 hours per week, includes morning, evening & weekends.
Length: Temporary, April 1st- June 30th
Since 1999, the Women’s Community Clinic has used an innovative workforce development-based business model to provide affordable and accessible health care services to Bay Area women and girls. With a proven track record of success, the Clinic has earned a reputation as a safe, welcoming environment where underserved women can access high-quality health services.
The Community Programs Assistant position supports community based programs and activities based in the Mission and Western Addition neighborhoods of San Francisco.
Read our Mission Statement
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Community Based Operations
- Participate in and provide support for two weekly evening program shifts.
- Facilitate inventory tracking and return of program supplies and materials to Clinic after evening shifts.
- Maintain program storage and supplies at the Clinic and Mission Neighborhood Resource Center.
- Support Outreach and WAHT program database updates and revisions
Community Based Health Education and Services
- Co-facilitate health education and workforce workshops in partnership with program staff.
- Support additional workshop related projects as needed.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of the Women’s Community Clinic
- Experience working with: Homeless or marginally-housed women, injection drug users, sex workers, SRO tenants, people experiencing mental illness or trauma
- Experience in sexual and reproductive health education
- Experience in facilitating program curriculum and trainings for diverse participants
- Desire to work in a culturally sensitive and client centered setting
- At least one year of experience working in a health care environment
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent computing skills especially within the Microsoft Office suite; (familiarity with HealthStream and Salesforce a plus)
- Knowledge of issues and policies affecting homeless and marginally-housed communities
- An interest in and commitment to women’s health issues and health care access for underserved populations.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team, prioritizing workflow to meet critical deadlines and paying close attention to detail work.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to support collegiality in a small office.
- Commitment to working in an environment offering the full-scope of pregnancy options counseling.
- Willingness to be an ambassador on behalf of the Women’s Community Clinic understanding that all staff contribute towards tasks related to promoting and fundraising for the Clinic.
Salary and Benefits:
- The Clinic provides a competitive total compensation package at the mid-range of the San Francisco nonprofit and healthcare labor markets. The salary range for this position is $18-$18.80 per hour, depending on experience.
- Generous benefits package, includes: Health (HMO or PPO), dental, and vision insurance with family coverage, generous vacation, retirement plan, flexible spending accounts for medical, transit, parking, and dependent care expenses.
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing for up to 3 hours at a time
- Requires hand eye coordination and manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. May require up to 3 hours of typing at a time.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports and to communicate with staff in a busy clinic environment
The Women’s Community Clinic is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex/gender (including gender identity), citizenship status, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions including genetic characteristics and cancer-related conditions, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions, genetic information, people with acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please send a cover letter and resume to: Jobs@womenscommunityclinic.org. In subject line, please write: Community Programs Assistant. Candidates are encouraged to submit early as applications will be considered on a rolling basis.