Job Title: Billing Manager
Schedule: 32 hours per week
The mission of the Women’s Community Clinic (”Clinic”)is to improve the health and well-being of women and girls. We believe preventive, educational care is essential to lifelong health and that all women deserve excellent health care, regardless of their ability to pay. We work hard to ensure that each client feels comfortable and safe using her voice to direct the care she receives.
Since 1999, the Clinic has used an innovative workforce development-based business model to provide affordable and accessible health care services to Bay Area women and girls. With a proven track record of success, the Clinic has earned a reputation as a safe, welcoming environment where uninsured women can access high-quality health services.
The Billing Manager is an integral position at the Clinic and will fully oversee the Clinic’s billing function. The Billing Manager works with the clinical team to reduce errors and ensure payments.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Review, monitor, and correct Clinic charges; submit all charges on at least a weekly basis.
- File electronic claims daily and work clearinghouse reports on a weekly basis.
- Post insurance and patient payments on a timely basis. Review for under/overpayments and adjustments. Follow up on unpaid claims.
- Reconciliation of client fees and cash reconciliation. Monitor payment plan balances and payments.
- Review reimbursement rates/fee schedules for changes and ensure changes are updated onto Epic. Assure that clerical staff are apprised of any changes.
- Run end-of-month A/R reports for the Finance Department.
- Review and process Quest invoices on a monthly basis and follow up on items to be re-billed by Quest.
Compliance and Reporting
- Responsible for annual Meaningful Use submissions.
- Assist Finance Director with the annual billing revenues budgeting process.
- Assist in performance measure reporting requirements (i.e. UDS and OSHPD).
- Ensure necessary changes and updates are made to all billing systems and that billing systems are kept up to do date, including but not limited to CPT codes, ICD codes, IUC codes, and HCPCS codes.
- Periodically train clinical staff on any changes to insurances.
- Act as liaison to billing vendors.
- Handle client interactions in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Other related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- 1-year experience in Medi-Cal and/or Family PACT billing, charge entry and patient payment posting.
- Two years of medical billing experience.
- Community clinic experience preferred but not required.
- FQHC experience a plus
- Preference for Certified Coders.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of HCPCS, ICD and CPT code use, especially codes used in OB-GYN procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of government and commercial insurance payer types.
- Interest in monitoring and applying rapid updates and changes that occur in the healthcare industry.
- Working knowledge of Epic Resolute and Cadence, Gateway/Trizetto Clearinghouse systems.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Commitment to working in an environment offering the full-scope of pregnancy options counseling.
- Willingness to be an ambassador on behalf of the Women’s Community Clinic understanding that all staff contribute towards tasks related to promoting and fundraising for the Clinic.
Salary and Benefits:
- The Clinic provides a competitive total compensation package at the mid-range of the San Francisco nonprofit and healthcare labor markets. The salary range for this position is $24.50 to $26 an hour, depending on experience.
- Generous Benefits Package, includes: Health (HMO or PPO), dental, and vision insurance with family coverage, generous vacation, retirement plan, sabbatical, flexible spending accounts for medical, transit, parking, and dependent care expenses.
Typical physical demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting for up to 3 hours at a time
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
- Requires dexterity to type for up to 3 hours at a time
The Women’s Community Clinic is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related) or conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions (ARC). Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Click here to apply. This position will be open until filled.